DX  » Community » Reviews » 5mW 405nm Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*AAA)
Sort by:
36 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5620 (56%)
  • 4 Star:4215 (42%)
  • 3 Star:31 (3%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fair Laser Pointer

posted by kartstig on 12/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Purple Laser. Works. Fair price. Comes with batteries.
    Cons:
    The threads on the body are not very good. It is very easy to cross thread when you assemble. The threads also seem to be sligh...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Powerful, bright laser

posted by Dutchdude1 on 11/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Wow, just wow. This laser, for just 5 mW, is a very bright laser. It's beaten a red laser of the same strength I have. The beam is visible if it's not too bright around you. The dot changes colour, depending on what you point it at.
    Cons:
    The batteries rattle a bit when you move the laser around a bit fast, but, it's a laser pointer, so no need to shake it around.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool laser

posted by jcourter on 05/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The unusual color of this laser definitely grabs attention in meetings. It's quite bright and is easily visible on projector displays. The purple beam is visible in a dark room.
    Cons:
    The collimation on the beam isn't quite as nice as the very similar green laser I own, but it's still good.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Powerful, uneven spot, near-UV laser pointer

posted by GeeJiiZet on 01/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The purple wavelength 405 nm is exciting, many friends had never seen anything like it. And it is powerful, the page says it is 5 mW, the pointer itself reads "< 5 mW max", but measured it at 30 mW in optical laboratory.
    Cons:
    Since wavelength 405 nm is quite at the limit of human eye's sensitivity, the laser doesn't look as bright as it really is. Eve...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    awesome blacklight laser!

posted by RavenDarkfur on 01/14/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -It emits a beam strong enough to see a PURPLE dot in daylight over a few meters distance (say 15- 30 meters visibility) -cats LOVE THIS TOY :3 - in a pitch black room you will be able to see the beam itself, which is cool for a low power laser -will tur...
    Cons:
    -the back cover for the batteries is kind of poorly glued and will come off if you do not bend it a little ONLY A LITTLE to mak...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great laser

posted by eye027 on 12/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - overall feeling : very good - insertion / removal of battery : very easy - button : works very well -- -beam size : as expected from blue laser, oval, about 5mm hight and about 3mm width -beam visibility : as expected from blue laser, about 50m in day tim...
    Cons:
    - it's looks cheap, not well finished - the extremities of the battery container can be removed just by pulling them out, they ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really grate product.

posted by Timotimpuri on 12/03/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The product is really powerful. The beam is visible at the night time. Really fun to play with especially at night time. My cats where first scared about it but after some while they really started to love it. The batteries last really long on this pointer ...
    Cons:
    The pointer what I got had quite blurry point on it but it is ok. When you shake the pointer when it has the batteries inside....
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome Laser!

posted by Akolt on 11/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    The good thing is that its quality is very good. When I first picked it up from the box it came in, I felt the good quality. It was definitely worth my money. It's UV, that means it goes in the colors. If you got something white and light it on it then the ...
    Cons:
    The box it came in wasn't that good, the batteries was under the laser and everything was messed.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice color

posted by dariokkk on 10/15/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nice blue/purple/white color. It gently change the color, depending the affected surface. Come in a box, with batteries included. In a dark ambient you will see the beam.
    Cons:
    It could be more strong. Probably because of the color, it's really week when you compare with a similar power (<5mW) green ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Love this thing

posted by Riley1968 on 09/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is a nice looking, solid feeling, well working laser pointer. The light frequency it emits is high enough that it causes black light reactive items to glow, and glow-in-the-dark item to glow BRIGHTLY. I love this thing
    Cons:
    I can't think of any. I've owned this for over a year and it's still working even after regular use (and when I say use, I mea...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections