DX  » Community » Reviews » Vertical External Battery Grip for Canon 450D/500D/40D/1000D DSLR
Sort by:
15 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8713 (87%)
  • 4 Star:132 (13%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good alternative to expensive brand products

posted by tuhoojabotti on 07/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to "install" on my Canon EOS 450D and provides weight that stabilizes the camera. Holds 2 batteries or set of AA batteries.
    Cons:
    None that I could find. It could be a little cheaper, of course, but it is fine because competing products are very expensive.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Product!!!

posted by guvensayin on 04/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Sturdy product which has no difference btw orginal canon brandnew grips. just need few shootings to get use the layout and works perfect with my Canon 500D
    Cons:
    As like I said, it just need some time to get use to the buttons and layout.for first usage, it should give u a weird feeling w...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best Buy!

posted by JunkMeister on 08/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Excellent quality and it is a perfect match for my 1000D. This grip allows me to run my camera all night taking long exposure astrophotos with having to worry about running out of power. Compared to the Original Equipment unit there is nothing that warrants...
    Cons:
    The latch that opens the battery compartment is slightly difficult to open. Not any big deal but there has to be something to c...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome!

posted by tkf15h on 03/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Solid build, works perfectly after getting used to the button layout, fits comfortably in my hand.
    Cons:
    The Av button is pretty flat, so it's kinda hard to find when your eye is on the viewfinder. It takes some getting used to. Th...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good for the price!

posted by josenavegantes on 01/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Now I can use two batteries at the same time. - I can take photos in the vertical way more comfortably than before. - The buttons have the same functions of the original buttons. - I found interesting the capability to use AA batteries, although I don'...
    Cons:
    - After some use, the baterry compartment seems a little loose even when locked, but it doesn't affect the power of the camera,...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    approved and recommended

posted by danielpteixeira on 12/29/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    fits perfectly on the 500D too. although it not exactly the same plastic/rubber material, looks very good e match the overall camera look. all the features work fine, half press shutter and everything else. came on the exact same box, well packed, and shi...
    Cons:
    ISO button would bee nice, but i really dont know if the original grip has it.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    excellent product and build quality

posted by saveyourskin on 11/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The first PRO is price, but the low price has nothing to be to the build quality. i haven´t used the original one, but this feels really good, the bigger rubber portion than the 450D body make it more comfortable to hold by this grip than the body itse...
    Cons:
    no ISO button no charger
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome Price

posted by konnorv on 08/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It fits my Canon EOS Rebel T1i perfectly, with no flaws. it screws into the tripod mount and makes a tight fit. the material matches the camera, and the rubber fells exactly like the rubber on the camera.
    Cons:
    i can't think of any cons this item is perfect and worth every penny. the only thing they should change is the locking mecha...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Sturdy grip

posted by sbuijsen on 08/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Feels very sturdy, offers all functionality of original. Comes with a manual and all is neatly separately packed into the box. The assembly of the trays is very easy, you do need some set of nails at least though to be able to open the notch, so stop bitin...
    Cons:
    None at all, it is a great product.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Battery Grip works great!!

posted by Jdrulez on 06/19/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Battery grip yesterday received well packed and delivered pretty fast! Now two days tested, not yet used extensively, but so far very satisfied. The quality is really good, the real rubber feels even better as the EOS 500D. extra batteries purchased there, ...
    Cons:
    So far no weaknesses, in the beginning I thought he stayed loose but when i turnt the wheel tight is feels super solid.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections