View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Best thing I have ever bought from DX – 6" Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knife Reviews

posted by doug89 on 01/27/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Cheap - You won't be able to find cheaper. This knife can't be sharpened by traditional methods, but by the time it finally goes blunt you can buy another one Sharp - Unbelievably. Cut and slice anything with ease. Long lasting - These are made with ceramic, which is harder than Steel. It will last you ages.
Cons:
"Fragile" - Ceramic knives are notorious for being brittle. You can't use it to cut bone or frozen food. You can't flex the blade. But that isn't a problem for me, and if you take good care for it, it won't be a problem for you.
Other:
I keep this knife by itself in my display cabinet to avoid damage. I wash it by itself immediately after use. I expect that if you do the same you will have no problems. On a humourless note, I lost about 250mL of blood using this knife. I was showing my new blade off to a friend, slicing across an onion, when the blade slipped and cut of the top of my left thumb, a few millimetres about the nail. It is about halfway healed now :D. Now I am a little afraid to use it.
Bottomline:
If you are annoyed by blunt knives when cutting up food, don't hesitate to buy thing product.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections