• Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent value knife. – 6" Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knife Reviews

posted by commemoratives on 02/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Great value knife. I selected white because it is easy to clean and be sure it is cleaned thoroughly. Blade is nice and sharp and handles well, will easily replace my other kitchen knives for about 80% of my needs.
Did I mention excellent value? Yes, there are better ceramic knives out there for much less money, but I don't think they are worth the extra cash.
Cons:
You need to be careful in storage on all ceramic blades. On my steel knives I have a drawer where I store most of them, but this lives in the block.
Ceramic blades are brittle and can be damaged. Do not treat them like a standard steel blade or ultimately it will get damaged. Store it so it cannot get banged around and chipped and clean it immediately after use so you don't throw it in a pile of dishes.
Other:
It is super easy to care for and a very versatile knife. All you have to do is think about how to treat a ceramic blade and it will last a long time.
Be careful cleaning this, it is very sharp. Not the sharpest knife I own, but amongst the sharpest. It would be so easy to get a laceration cleaning this knife it is not funny. Treat it with the respect and care it deserves and you will be delighted with it's performance.
Bottomline:
Buy it! It is a super value and performs well.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections