DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini USB 5-Pin Data/Charging Cable (20cm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
If you want a short mini USB cable this is great! – USB 5-Pin Data/Charging Cable (20CM) Reviews

posted by rickajho on 07/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Great for those times and places when you don't want a long cable.
VERY well shielded - this is a heavy duty cable.
Transparent blue color.
Great price for great quality.
Cons:
Plug to plug the cable is twisted.
Other:
It is not spelled out in the product description so I had to ask people who already bought this cable in the forums: The small plug is a mini USB plug. You can't tell that in the picture either. Deal Extreme should add that tiny, but very important, piece of information to the product description.
For such a short cable I don't know why it's twisted. Plug to plug it doesn't lie flat. It seems like the manufacturer is doing this on purpose but I don't know why they think this is a good idea. I bought two cables and they are both like this. For what I use the cable for this is not a problem. But for someone who wants to connect a USB hard drive to a lap top the drive probably won't lay flat because of the twist in the cable.
The build quality is great so I still gave it five stars there. I just don't understand why they put the twist in the cable.
This is a heavy duty cable - it's very well shielded. And because it's so heavy duty that twist in the cable can't be worked out.
Bottomline:
For most applications when you want a shorter mini cable this should work great. I use it to connect devices to AC chargers - no more 3 feet of cable dangling all over the place.
It works fine for data transfer too.
I like the blue color. It's nice to see a cable in "not black" for a change.
This is great for travel - no long cords to keep packing up.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections