Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- more accurate than expected. Eg. reads body temperature within +/- 1 degree celsius compared to an clinical thermometer
- Easy to use. While pressing the button is shows the actual temperature and the maximum termperature
- display with backlight
- laser (switchable) to see the point that is messured
- good build quality.
- switchable between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- 1:12 optic let you do exact measurments from distance (spot size is 7,5 cm in a distance of 90 cm)
- rated temperature range starts at -32 Celsius (not tested). But in my freezer it shows -19,7 with seems to be right.
no realy cons.
Emissionfactor is preset to 0,95 and can't be changed. But as normal user, you wouldn't find out the right emission factor for the material you are measuring and so it's not a big thing, that is is presetted.
It's fun to measure surface temperatures, like the temperature of the roof or the outside surface of my house. Such measurements are not possible with normal thermometers.
I hope, in the winter I will find some bad isulated parts of my house.
The two buttons shown at the product picture (inside the battery case) are used to switch between fahrenheit and celsius and to enable or disable the laser while messuring.
It's a cheap infrared thermometer and it does everything I need.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.