DX  » Community » Reviews » 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (220V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Works well so far – 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (110~230V) Reviews

posted by AbeFM on 09/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Killz da bugz! Lots of dead little gnats and such. Unfortunately, there aren't many bugs around when I got it, so I can't tell you too much on what percentage it gets. Certainly no bug guts or anything like a zapper, it doesn't command the room. Kills small bugs very quickly.
Cons:
As mentioned, it's noisy! Not terrible, but enough I wouldn't want it where I was sleeping. Larger, well insulated bugs (small moths) take a long time to die - many days. This means you can't open it up to dump out the dead bugs because at any given time there are a few live moths inside. It's bigger than I thought. I was picturing the top of the mushroom to be 10cm, but it's more like 20.
Other:
I've heard people say you need a screen to keep the smallest bugs from being blown out. I can't tell. The holes look big, but there are some very small dead bugs so many not? The fan isn't very strong, I don't know if this is bad or not. I have yet to put a power meter on it, the box claims 6 watts.
Bottomline:
Recommended! It works well. If it were more quiet I would think it was ideal. I imagine a stronger fan would desiccate the bugs faster. So perhaps changing the fan is a good idea. If it were smaller and quieter (the fan "ticks" constantly) I would get several more. For as much as it costs, I'm disappointed in the noise.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections