DX  » Community » Reviews » 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (220V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Loud but works – 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (110~230V) Reviews

posted by Dark00 on 09/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- It works. After plugging it in, it caught its first mosquito in a couple of minutes - Works even with the angry-type asian tiger mosquitoes
Cons:
- Not the best build quality (I had to replaced one of the capacitors as its cover just fell off (same as in the pictures of customer Rumlin) - The fan is not very noisy at the beginning, but it's getting noisier every day as it sucks up the dust. Eventually I had to replace the fan as it became unbearingly loud. rrrrrRRrrrrRRRRrrrrrrRRRRR.
Other:
- It definitely does attract mosquitoes, however if you're in the same room, they still prefer human flesh over the green mushroom :) - I have it running 24/7 - Maybe adding some octenol tablets inside would attract them a lot more
Bottomline:
- The thing DOES work, however it's not a perfect replacement for "manual hunting" - you still need a racket/swatter - While the build quality is shady, it somehow does the job so I'd still recommend it if you have a lot of mosquitos

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections