DX  » Community » Reviews » 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (220V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Beware DX is sending the wrong item, recurrently – 6W Electric UV Mosquitoes and Bugs Killer (110~230V) Reviews

posted by Avengerx on 11/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This really chases bugs in and keep them into the cage until it dry-kills them (its kind of a torture but... it's them or me...) It can hold a lot of bugs so you can rest while it works. Its kind of silent, its noise did not prevent me from sleeping Its light is well dim, no problem on sleeping with it.
Cons:
If you turn it off with live mosquitoes inside, they will all get out of it, so if you have to move it to other outlet, do it real quick, or let the machine work until at least most of the mosquitoes are already dead. It does not instant kill them but traps and keep blowing them until dry-killing them.
Other:
Here is the worst point of this product. DX is not sending the 110-230V, 50-60Hz ones, but only 220V, 50Hz. I bought two. The first, I asked for a kind partial refund so I can buy another. The second came the same 220V but this time the cooler started but the lamp did not light up.
Bottomline:
I advise everyone to try another similar item here on DX (I don't feel like suggesting a SKU as I haven't tried another myself), unless you got plenty of 220V outlets or does not mind plugging it on a 110V outlet (it works well and is more silent this way) the lamp gives the same light, but it possibly degenerates faster than if it was plugged on regular 220V, 50Hz outlets. My country has only 60Hz power so I am out of luck.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections