DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw Zooming Focusable Cree Q3-WC 130-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Very good, but has some down sides – Flood-to-Throw Zooming Focusable Cree Q3-WC 130-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by bjorne on 11/17/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Its quite a descent light for the price. It has adjustable spill, although it could allow for more flood and when set to max throw it's suddenly square. It has adjustable brightness. It has a good heatsink for the LED, so it only gets warm on full brightness - not scorching hot! Impressive run-time on lowest setting, 17-18 hours on GP recyco 800mAh batteries from DX! Only just over 2 hours on higest setting though.
Cons:
Not water proof, the battery pack is probably rain proof, but the light itself will probably leak sooner or later. The screw to adjust and secure the flood/throw setting fell off on my light - the threads in the light itself came out with the screw. Also the screw could never be tightened to secure the position.
Other:
I'll add some seals to make it waterproof and fix the screw; if this works out for me then I will definitively buy more of this.
Bottomline:
If you dont need 100% waterproofness, then its a great light. Apart from the screw issue build quality seems very good.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections