Small with some handy features – Flood-to-Throw Zooming Focusable Cree Q3-WC 130-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA) Reviews
posted by faiLED2dim on 05/28/2010
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
Some good Pros with this headlamp:
- The variable dimmer on the rear battery compartment is a useful feature. Being able to adjust the brightness, especially with gloves on, makes this a stand-out feature.
- The zoom feature of lens is nice. Changing from a flood to a zoom is easy.
- Nice to see no third strap over the top of the head like other headlamps....makes the headlamp useful on a helmet.
- Battery life with 3 x AAA Eneloops is quite good.
Some minor observations which could be fixed (expected to some degree with these purchases):
- The lens section tilt is too coarse for a helmet-mounted light at 30 degrees per notch. The light is displayed either too high or too low for a medium distance work area.
- The lead from battery compartment to the lens section is a little on the weak side for my liking. Damage may occur if objects snag it eg ear muffs etc.
Smaller than expected, though it this is a good thing.
There is really no need to write "LED HEADLAMP" on the elastic headstrap......serves no purpose.
A nice small headlamp with features that aren't found on many other lights in the same category.
Worth buying if needing an headlamp that is flexible in its' workable area and light output.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.