DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw Zooming Focusable Cree Q3-WC 130-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
I wish that I'd found these a while ago – Flood-to-Throw Zooming Focusable Cree Q3-WC 130-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by admacdo on 06/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Very bright and incredibly cheap. Long life if dialed down and pretty good if on full power most of the time too. The ability to spot and flood is sensational and will be appreciated long after you forget that you can't do this with a normal headlamp.
Less than a third the cost of a similar product and VERY similar performance. I know. I've tested them head to head.
Cons:
The zoom/flood adjustment lever can be screwed off. If you lose it... you might regret it. Pivot pin is a little fragile. Don't be rough handling your beam up and down. You've been warned. Don't say that nobody mentioned it.
Other:
While you might think that head torches are the tools used by cavers, miners and other professions like that, next time you're working under your car, you'll discover that they're awesome. If you're not fishing at night with one of these on your head, you seriously aren't enjoying the experience as much as you think you could be.
Bottomline:
Get one of these to make people who used to be happy with their own head torches, less so. A friend of mine has abandoned his trusty Petzl due to lumen envy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections