DX  » Community » Reviews » MagicShine HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Headlamp Set (4*18650 included)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Amazing quality for the price – HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Headlamp Set (4*18650 included) Reviews

posted by swagesport on 11/20/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I use this light for riding both on and off road, i would definately say full power it far to bright for the road, it is however excellent for off road trails. Medium power is also a little exessive for the road too, however when there are no street lights, medium is perfect! The backlite button is very nice and easy to find at night. Took the light apart to check for swarf as this has been mentioned in reveiws of the other identical light on this site, No sign what so ever! The light actually just seemed to get better as i took more componenets off. The billet machined aluminium body is nicely machined, don't know how they can do it for the price.
Cons:
Gets very hot indoors, so i can imagine this would be an issue outside in the summer. Thats all!
Other:
The flashing mode is useless. It feels like I'm in a disco. It would have been nice, others have already commented, to have a lower level mode when riding around town. This light has quite a "floody" beam. It would be nice to have a model available (or perhaps just a reflector option) for more of a pencil beam. I'd like two lights on my bike - a flood and a spot. Plus two lights are always better in case one dies and your still out in the bush.
Bottomline:
This really is a top end light and not just for the money either. Probably not quite 900 lumens but not a million miles away.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections