DX  » Community » Reviews » MagicShine HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Headlamp Set (4*18650 included)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent light for the price – HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Headlamp Set (4*18650 included) Reviews

posted by TheProfessor on 12/26/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
For the price paid, this is an excellent light. The construction appears to be very solid and it work right the first time. For the price this light is exceptionally bright at approximately 700 lumens. I used it on my ride home from work a couple days after I received it and it worked well. It appeared to be brighter than the majority of other lights that I saw in the bike trail. A comparable light in terms of brightness, you would have to spend at least five time the price. I will likely purchase a couple more of these in the near future.
Cons:
There are only a few things that I would like to see improved with this light. Amongst the improvements that I would desire would be a longer power cord, or a power cord extension. When the light is helmet mounted, the cord is too short to reach a pocket. The battery needs to be attached to the helmet or if your wearing a hydration pack, one of the shoulder straps. When mounting the light on the handlebar, the short cable length is ideal. When the light is mounted on the handle bars, the beam is not wide enough to accommodate lighting the turns. This cause me to have to slow down considerably so that I can navigate the turn safely. With the width of the beam being a bit too narrow for handle bar mounting, a helmet should be provided. I altered the head strap that was provided with the light so that I could helmet mount the light. No instructions were provided with the light, which is not too much as a problem. I was able to find a manual on a web site that sells the same light.
Other:
With all things considers, there is no way you can go wrong this light. It is bright, weather resistant, light weight, and it looks good. For the price, you can by four or five of them as compared to buying one of another brand of comparable brightness. I don't expect to get more than two to three years of service with any light without having to replace the battery pack. I was able to find replacement battery packs on a couple of web sites and you can buy replacement batteries for less than $40. Replacement batteries for the more expensive light will likely cost four to five times the price.
Bottomline:
I will buy more of these lights without hesitation, and I will recommend them to my friends.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections