DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz 300Mbps 802.11n WLAN/WiFi/Wireless Broadband Router
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Great price wrong speed in the description. – 2.4GHz 300Mbps 802.11n WLAN/WiFi/Wireless Broadband Router Reviews

posted by Technut on 09/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Worked perfectly right out of he box. You really can't beat the price! After reading scores of posts in the forum, I went through the process of upgrading the firmware. I am now using it as my wireless network adapter for my x-box 360.
Cons:
-NOT 300Mbps as the heading states!!!! It is only 150Mbps as you can see on the back of the box. -Needs to have the firmware upgraded to DD-WRT in order to have the full functionality of all of the possible options that this router can handle. -Firmware upgrade is not the easiest, and can leave a newbie baffled.
Other:
Bottomline:
Again NOT a 300Mbps router, ONLY 150Mbps. I am happy with the purchase. But now I do wish I could find a similar 300Mbit router for a similar cheap price, as I originally thought I was buying.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections