DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA II HDD 2-Bay Internal Mobile Rack Enclosure (Max. 2TB)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:565 (56%)
  • 4 Star:444 (44%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very handy

posted by roroprevo on 03/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Nice looking, blue led in front for drive activity Nice feel to it, does not feel flimsy at all Data transfer rates is all right, same as with a direct cable with my SSD Allows for hot plug if your motherboard supports it, makes it kind of cool to pop a dri...
    Cons:
    Sometimes the disks are harder to extract, because the lever does not make them pop well. Not really a big inconvenience.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Product

posted by mcrucesp on 11/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    good construcction. easy to install and use works perfect.
    Cons:
    the outside data conector of the lower bay was broken so i think paking isnt strong enough. I solve this taking out the broken ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent SSD rack!

posted by JamesRockwell on 10/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    2 bays, not just one. The frame is a good build quality. Little blue indicator lights to show if the bay is on and being used. Long SATA cables for big cases like mine. It takes up that useless space where floppies used to go... lol.
    Cons:
    The power sata connector on one of mine came loose. Simple hot glue repair, or try to be more careful than me. They convert the...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good but small modification.

posted by Galoula on 07/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good idea ! Can have 2 SATA HDD into my unused floppy bay ! It's design and black with metal is same as my PC box ! Inseting an real HDD 2.5" and extract it simply !
    Cons:
    I have inserted an SSD, without think is more small than a HDD mecanical drive. The hand to extract is in upper of the disk, an...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good item, good quality

posted by pepejose81 on 06/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Not easy to open by accident, you must push the button towards the right to open it, not press it. When opening the device, the mechanism alsu push the hdd out a bit, so it's easy to take it out. Two leds for each device: a blue one and a red one. Blue l...
    Cons:
    Only black colour (This field is required)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good

posted by Kasatkin on 05/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Very good assembled - Excellent replacement for outdated floppy drive - 2 HDDs are much better than 1 - now you can get up to 2 Terrabytes in the size of just floppy driver
    Cons:
    - Requires 2 lines of power, one for each HDD (better would be if 1 line used for both) - Requires extra power line for LED in...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome Product

posted by AZGFOREVER on 04/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Surprising excellent build, considering that it is from china! It does its work,easy to install,no software changes required. I love the blue led indicator as it matches my cpu's power and status indicator leds :) It easily allows you to change your lapto...
    Cons:
    So far None! ok..Price could be lower..:P Maybe it could be designed without need to add a separate connector to operate the li...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Build Quality

posted by j0rdau on 10/27/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The product has a good, sturdy build quality with an attractive design. The switch mechanism to open the drive doors feels solid. The activity and power indicator lights are well placed and not so bright as to be distracting.
    Cons:
    Has propriety power cables that must be used with Molex (4 pin) plugs from power supply if drive power and activity lights are ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    No better deal out there

posted by Diagnostech on 07/30/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I've been looking for a good trayless bay for a couple of laptop hard drives that I replaced with SSDs. I am very impressed with the build quality and the functionality of this unit. The drive ejection mechanism is flawless and works very smoothly. It co...
    Cons:
    I could have used 2.5 to 3.5 rails to mount it, but that's not their fault.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections