DX  » Community » Reviews » Dual USB to SATA Adapter Cable with 2.5" Plastic SATA HDD Case
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Easy to use and good protection – Dual USB to SATA Adapter Cable with 2.5" Plastic SATA HDD Case Reviews

posted by patodox on 01/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Simple to connect, I've used with SATA and SATA2 disks, without presenting any problems. With 5400 RPM disks only need to use the main USB connector, with disks of 7200 RPM or higher is required to use two USB ports, regardless of disk size. The plastic case is quite strong, the 2.5 "disks fit perfectly and do not move within the case. Initially I thought the disk would heat up more than normal and melt the case and the disk, but the truth is that the disk kept sufficiently ventilated. The cable is of good quality, unlike other USB cables that only have 3 thin threads.
Cons:
The cable could be longer, but it's enough. I can't think in other cons.
Other:
Good quality and good price. I had the hard disk drive from my old notebook in the trash, but this small cable allowed me to use it (and use it with my wii console without problems).
Bottomline:
If, like me, you have sata hard disk drives idle for lack of a enclosure, this cable and case is a good buy for you.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections