DX  » Community » Reviews » Sync and Charging Docking Station for Iphone 3g/3GS (White)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent replacement for the original! – Sync and Charging Docking Station for iPhone 3G/3GS (White) Reviews

posted by roinisa1 on 02/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Five stars yet again for a great Apple replacement product!
Well made, nice rubber bottom on the case, sturdy connectors for the iPhone and the cable. Over all well made product. And of course, at a price you can not beat!
It charges and syncs my iPhone 3G (OS 3.1.3) just fine. iPhone stays on it very well, you can lift it up with iPhone attached to it, and it does not fall off when moving it around on your desk or night stand.
iPhone also sits on it very flush and snug.
It also syncs and charges my 16GB iPod Nano, and the Nano also stays on the dock well, despite having a different bottom from the Iphone.
Cons:
Well, the only one being that you can not play music/podcasts through your iPhones own speakers while on the dock (the dock mutes the speakers), you'll have to plug external speakers to the dock's line out connection. There's a way to get around that, but it requires that you mess with the insides of the dock.
Other:
BUT it does not mute the ring tone of your iPhone, so you don't miss your calls, and the alarm clock works just fine while your phone is on the dock.
I have not yet tested that can you make calls hands free when the phone sits on the dock.
Bottomline:
After I received my first dock, and tested it on my phone and iPod, I immediately placed an order for two more! They are dirt cheap, and great value. I am going to place on on my night stand, one by my iMac, and one in my office.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections