write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Almost perfect tail-light! – 3-LED Safety Bike Tail Mount Light 2xAAA Reviews

posted by nEmai on 01/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-looks pretty solid
-has 5 LEDs, 2 of them 90° to the side
-needs to standard AAA batteries
-4 modes: blink, strobe in, strobe out, on
-very good switch! i experienced tail-lights where it was ridiculous to try to press the switch wearing gloves
-completely watertight (threw it into my aquarium, no problem at all.. :D)
Cons:
-design of the battery holder! i had to use a screwdriver to really force the batteries in. it's about 1,5mm (0,06") to short for a standard AA battery, thus 4 stars for build quality
-not really a con, but rather something that could have been done better: the mode switch may be a bit annoying. i use the blink mode, it's the first mode and to turn it off i have to cycle through the other modes till i reach off mode.
could have been done like with the flashlights of dx, repeatedly pressing the button switches modes, if there is a break of about 10 seconds between the presses it switches directly to off.
Other:
-well it does what it's built for. i don't have it long enough to speak about battery life or long-term wear
Bottomline:
-i really do recommend this light, allthough the battery holder is a bit crappy. once the batteries are in it's very good.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections