Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
1. It can be hacked via the usb easily to make it a 100MHz scope!
2. It's Dual trace.
3. Light weight and portable
4. small size makes it great for bench top use without taking up a lot of space
5. It has X-Y and Roll timebase functions
6. It has FFT function turning the scope into a realtime spectrum analyser.
1. The fan is quite loud. about 36dBA
2. In X-Y mode it's not as good as an analogue or higher end dso as the screen refresh rate doesn't give as clear an image but it's not totally unusable. This minor limitation is far outweighed by the other features though.
This scope is perfect for students on a budget and also field technicians and engineers looking for a lightweight portable unit. The features it contains for it's price are truly remarkable and it has a very good build quality. It can be hacked to get true 100MHz capability (just lookup EEVblog #77 or the update video on youtube) and it has useable probes included with the unit.
Don't um and arr about it! Just get it! You won't regret it.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.