DX  » Community » Reviews » Full Replacement Housing Case with Buttons for PSP 1000 (Dark Blue)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 1
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap, hard to install, but really worth it. – Full Replacement Housing Case with Buttons for PSP 1000 (Dark Blue) Reviews

posted by xXgamerzXx on 03/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
When it came, it came like new! No dents or scratches on the coloured parts of the housing. Most of the important parts came with this; the buttons, and the housing itself. After making this my housing, I have all the bragging rights that I deserve! :D
Cons:
It is ridiculously difficult to install if it is your first time doing it. You have to completely disassemble the parts from your old housing and reassemble everything into the new one. It took me about 6 hours doing all of this.
It's not too much of a con, but there are many light scratches on the transparent faceplate part. At least it's not dented or anything.
This kit does not come with some parts required for the operation of your PSP! You'll have to take those parts out of the old housing, which are: yellow power switch thing, L+R buttons, analogue stick, rubber part for the directional buttons and shape buttons, and all of the screws required to put it all back together, so make sure you take these from the old housing!
Other:
It's kind of my fault, but when I put it all together, the faceplate was bursting out slightly. Also, my display shows red pixels in many different places, but I will be able to fix it easily by perfectly aligning the LCD connector to the motherboard.
Bottomline:
If you need a cheap housing, this is great, but only if you're willing to put at least 4 hours into dis-assembly and reassembly!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections