DX  » Community » Reviews » SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter with AC Power Adapter
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:425 (42%)
  • 4 Star:506 (50%)
  • 3 Star:81 (8%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does what it's supposed to do

posted by sunstriker on 03/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very easy to use, it's self-explanatory. It can run 2,5" from USB power so you don't need to use the adapter. The build quality is quite good and I'm confident the adapter can survive a fall.
    Cons:
    No real cons so far. I haven't tested it yet with all kinds of connectors.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Get the job done!

posted by MGmannen on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very easy to use Works perfect No problem with connections between data and the harddisc. Smooth transfer
    Cons:
    No one I can mention
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cousy gadget

posted by gorandi on 02/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Small ,covers ATA SATA for laptops and desktop ,1.8" 2.5" 3.5" 5.25". On my old ATA HDD I got 28MB read and 22MB write speed , also used it on DVD-RW reached top medium speeds
    Cons:
    Power supply is very small and gets very hot after 10 min. 4 pin power connector not very good lost power few time. USB mini co...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great buy, no real complaints

posted by moodymania2 on 09/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Worked perfectly straight from the box with no issues regarding drivers or the like. Windows 7 recognized connected IDE drives with no hesitation, and transfer went smoothly. Build quality was adequate. I would recommend the gear.
    Cons:
    CD was not included (but was not necessary, either). Ran a little hot, but not enough to be of concern.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter with AC Powe

posted by rafhit on 06/13/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    very fast shipping (like less than a week) it was cheap and it came with all cables. good material.
    Cons:
    it didn't came with the cd driver installation. only could put it working with a cd-room driver and not with a hard-drive...(p...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    harddisk adaptor works pretty fine

posted by emnemn on 03/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works often very well. i used about 20 different IDE drives on it. If you swap a drive it often doesn't recordnize the new drive. Thats because i was use it as hot swappable. But just put the usb plug in and out and its ready. Adaptor is works very well. en...
    Cons:
    The power plug is not fitted very well if you want to swap old and big IDE drives. With some drives it was difficult to plug th...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent product just perfect

posted by xandynhu on 11/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I have many hard drives and CD-ROM that I had to test or backup manually and it always took a long time. Today I no longer have to worry about, these tasks will now be implemented without delay. I tested all kinds of HD and some CD-ROM has been completely ...
    Cons:
    I found the source of strength and I am avoiding bad qualiadade use, as if it is technically have plenty of sources of strength...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great for backup and saving info

posted by firefox19 on 11/04/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    wonderful thing! More than once saved my data with SATA HDD. No problem connected CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, IDE HDD. very small and light. No requires special drivers
    Cons:
    Selected specifically for CF-connector, but never got to connect the CF-card. Probably not the type of card or connector does n...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    greet product

posted by vgati on 07/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    PT muito bom, funcional, serve em todas as maquinas, desde desktops a netbooks, uma gaveta externa, winxp para frente e para dar boot, nao requer driver EN very good, functional, fits all machines, from desktop to netbooks, an external drawer ,winxp forward...
    Cons:
    PT cabo de energia é curto, sem cd de instalaçao EN supply cable is small, no driver disk
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful product

posted by StruntoBin on 06/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The idea of this kind of adapters is very good. I have SATA to USB adapter and I have a very good opinion for these adapters. So I looked to buy combined IDE/SATA to USB adapter. My brother has the same model, so I tested it and decide to buy one of the sam...
    Cons:
    Unfortunately I had bad luck with my adapter. When box arrived I opened it and everything looks very well. But when I started t...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections