DX  » Community » Reviews » Steel Manual-Release Folding Knife with Clip (22.6cm Full-Length)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very sturdy knife – Steel Manual-Release Folding Knife with Clip (22.6cm Full-Length) Reviews

posted by heilong on 11/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
I must say I'm really satisfied with this knife - it's strong, the blade is really thick and strong as well, and I'm a fan of Axis locks now. The blade is some type of carbon steel, it's not stainless steel. The coating is holding up well, so far. While the knife was disassembled, I've noticed the build quality is really great. Lubed all moving parts with a light coating of teflon grease and it's unbelievable how smooth the opening/closing is. I can easily open the knife with just a flick of my wrist, it snaps locked in the open position with a positive and nice click. I can also easily open the knife in a reverse grip, with a particular flick of the wrist. It can also be easily closed this way, as well.
Cons:
I've noticed my pocket clip became loose. I thought it was the screws that came loose, however when I tried to tighten them, I've found that the threads on the knife are screwed, literally. Dunno how it happened. Anyway I love this knife so much, I carry it with me all the time. So I decided to the repair the clip and fix it to the handle, permanently. I've disassembled the knife, put some cold-weld (putty type) on the back of the clip and on the screws' threads, then put the clip on the knife and clamped it to the handle in a vise (with soft aluminum jaws, so no scratches). This was a success - the clip is now firmly attached (in the same position as it was before), with absolutely no play and no chance of it's screws becoming loose.
Other:
There are some scratches on the aluminum handles (anodized) and the pocket clip (painted), which were expected. Thinking of getting a genuine Axis folder - Benchmade Barrage (580) or H&K 14200 or 14205 now.
Bottomline:
This is quite a big knife, with over 10cm blade length. The blade is thick and strong. The knife weighs 200g - a big boy! I carry it every day but I suppose it might be too big for some people to use it for edc.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections