DX  » Community » Reviews » Uniquefire S10 Cree R2-WC 220-Lumen LED Flashlight - Black (1*AA/1*14500)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great Flashlight – Uniquefire S10 Cree R2-WC 220-Lumen LED Flashlight - Black (1*AA/1*14500) Reviews

posted by KEITH751 on 12/30/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Attractive flashlight with single mode. Well constructed with neat soldering and good component fit throughout. On 14500's its brighter than my Ultrafire A10 and has a purer White Tint. Nice beam thats free from artifacts with a tight hotspot and good amount of spill.
Cons:
The Tail Cap is a little difficult to screw on because of the double "O" rings and having only a few threads. Nothing else really.
Other:
Current draw from the battery (measured at tailcap) was 1.7 amps on fresh AW 14500. After 10 mins it was 1.4 amps. I work in an electronics lab and our test equipment is calibrated annually so these are good numbers.
Bottomline:
The first R2 I have purchased. In side by side comparison to my other Q5 1 X 14500 flashlights it is brighter and probably has the most white tint. The fist DX light I did not have to resolder or clean up. Nice workmanship.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections