DX  » Community » Reviews » Flexible Neck USB Powered Clip-on 10-LED Keyboard Light (118CM-Cable)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
An exellent buy – Flexible Neck USB Powered Clip-on 10-LED Keyboard Light (118CM-Cable) Reviews

posted by marcoscu2 on 02/01/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The good things are: 1. Good powerful light which cover whole keyboard 2. Has easy to use on/off switch 3. Large clamp should fit most laptops 4. Clamp doubles as stand
Cons:
1. Build quality could be better 2. Potential to be easily broken or damaged 3. Gooseneck could be a little more firm and positive in use 4. Large and unwieldy to carry around or pack away
Other:
This is no small object, it is about 8 inches wide with a fairly heavty clamp/stand. This is good as it means the light will illuminate even my 17 inch laptop keyboard and clamp securely to a fairly thick laptop screen. The drawback is that it is quite awkward to pack away securely in the laptop bag The light is bright, covers well and can be rotated through its axis as well as both vertically and horizontally through the gooseneck. The build quality could be better. The unit feel lightweight, plasticky and the large and easy to use switch built into the clamp feels a bit delicate. That said for the money it is a great buy and the best laptop USB light I have found.
Bottomline:
I would recommend this to anyone who requires a well illuminated keyboard. I would have been happier paying twice the price for a similar unit of more robust build quality.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections