DX  » Community » Reviews » Full Range FM Transmitter with Digital Thermometer and USB Power Port
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great value for money. – Full Range FM Transmitter with Digital Thermometer and USB Power Port Reviews

posted by tone76 on 08/04/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Easy to use - Works well - Crisp sound - Choice of power sources (2xAAA batteries, 12v cigarette lighter, USB) - Backlight is nice and bright - Surprisingly good range + stability (50m+ range)
Cons:
- Build quality fair at best
Other:
Works very well. Sound quality is reasonable. I haven't done any exhaustive testing as far as range goes, but I've plugged the transmitter into my PC and can pick the transmitter up from my car which is parked outside my house approximately 20m away without any hassles. I also tested it a bit more by driving around my neighbourhood, and I found it was reliable to 50m. With minor modifications and installed out in the open, this transmitter could probably be overclocked to provide a rangr og 100-200m+ (but make sure you're not breaking the law in your country by doing this). Build quality is ordinary (the cord looks secondhand and it looks as though the clips that hold the bottom of it together don't actually fit!), but on the plus side, I guess it makes it easier for enthusiasts to get into it to modify. ;)
Bottomline:
Damn cheap, but works very well. Loses out in build quality, but as far as bang-for-bucks goes, it's a winner, wiht great potential for modification by hobbists. Buy two in case one of them breaks. I'm planning on buying another one as a spare with my next DX order.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections