• Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great fit, warm bright tint! – Xenon Bulb 7.4V 10W Reviews

posted by hyperloop on 11/09/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I bought this replacement bulb for my Hugsby B2 (which is not an actual P60 host) which i bought on DX [url=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2525]here[/url]. I initially fried the bulb that came with the Hugsby as i put in freshly charged RCR123s (3.7 volts), forgetting that freshly charged would mean 8.4 volts. The first bulb went REALLY bright, then died.
When the bulb came, i removed the reflector, simple, just unscrew. Opened the head of the light, removed the bulb holder and everything else so i could see the top of the batteries.
Then i realised that the spring was a bit too big, but decided to go ahead anyway and just positioned the bulb over the battery tube and screwed the head back on.
It worked!! A very bright, VERY floody beam, literally blinding at close range! A very warm tint and geat for colour rendition.
Will have to get an actual P60 host to try this out in.
Cons:
None actually, for the price it simply cannot be beat.
Other:
The light that comes out is actually warm. When held an inch or so away from skin, it gets hot pretty fast. But surprisingly the flashlight body doesnt get hot nor does the head. Do not leave this light on and in your pocket.
This is the 10w version, i wonder if the 15w is brighter!
Bottomline:
Get it, I'm ordering a few more as spares along with a clicky P60 host. You will NOT regret this.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections