DX  » Community » Reviews » Vertical External Battery Grip with IR Remote Controller for Nikon D80/D90 DSLR
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:383 (38%)
  • 4 Star:504 (50%)
  • 3 Star:121 (12%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Work as expected

posted by Sergi19 on 08/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Fits perfectly the camera body. It matches the color and shape of it. -Does what is supposed to do with the plus of using AA batteries to power up your camera. -It include a remote and to be honest, this remote works better that the original Nikon one (yes...
    Cons:
    I think there are no cons, but it's true that other grips from another brands have more possibilities (LED display for example)
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works like a charm on my Nikon D90

posted by TranceCat on 11/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Easy assembly -Good quality and construction -Product was recognized by my camera directly and functioned as it should
    Cons:
    -The supplied AA Battery slide is slightly on the small side and holds the batteries in VERY tight. Most batteries are encased...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Malfunctioning unit

posted by Deniscribe on 10/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Generally good build quality. Plastic body is solid, buttons aren't loose.
    Cons:
    Build quality of the mechanism used to drive the fastening screw which attaches the unit to the camera, is very poor. It broke ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Mini Review

posted by sujeto117 on 01/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Works perfectly and very good looking. Its very cheap and the batteries has been detected by the dslr verry good. The package is very well and the remote shutter works fine.
    Cons:
    The open system cover where are the batteries is very poor; the first lock I have do the system was broken. Now I have the gri...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good deal

posted by JeeQ2 on 10/17/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Very cheap comparing to original MB-D80 and its analogues - Good build quality (solid plastic) - Very useful IR remote
    Cons:
    I found some bug when attach this grip to my D80. The camera indicated that its internal flash is turned on and fixed minimal s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just received

posted by jeanjo on 08/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Great gear, works perfectly and very good looking. Outstanding price/value ratio. Fast and faultless delivery. Good packaging.
    Cons:
    Instruction "manual" quality on the low side. Exemple: "can not be used with the rechargeable EN-EL3e batteries&...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Comfortable grip

posted by dandman3039 on 08/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Comfortable ergonomics makes portrait photography much easier to frame up rubber covering where your non index fingers grasp is better (more secure) than that on the actual nikon body, although it is only glued on. easy access to the aperture and shutter di...
    Cons:
    couldn't get the included remote to work, but I already have an infrared intervalmeter with that function, so no loss for me. T...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best buy for the price!!

posted by bigrockshow on 08/03/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Wonderful material, solid construction. feels and locks perfectly.Good instructions. wonder why would people spend almost 2 x this amount for something similar and quite obviously from the same country of manufacturer or probably the same factory!
    Cons:
    icky shutter button. needs to be depressed without force at a certain angle. master that and you'll be shooting like a sub mach...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections