DX  » Community » Reviews » Heat Reduction Stand Balls for Laptop (Random Color/Pair)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Almost perfect – Heat Reduction Stand Balls for Laptop (Random Color/Pair) Reviews

posted by leohaw on 05/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Keeps the bottom of your laptop cool and is great for ergonomics. The laptop screen stays on a higher level and the keyboard is slightly tilted. I have a white unibody macbook whose corners used to hurt my wrists while I was typing. Well, not anymore :)
Cons:
The plastic material on the balls is smooth (this is a con!). This can cause the laptop to slip on the table. There are anti-slip pads, but they're made of a rubber material (like a car tire) that stain your table.
Also, the side of the velcro that you stick on the laptop is the pointed one, not the smooth. Can be unconfortable when you have the laptop on your lap.
Other:
If the manufacturer was a little bit smarter, he would have switched the positions of the velcro on the balls. This way, we could attach one balls to each other. The way it is, is easy to lose one of the balls...
Bottomline:
I'm satisfyed. I will buy three more pairs: one to keep as spare (in case I lose mine) and two to give as gifts. Everyone I know who have a macbook wants one pair.
The purchase is well worth!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections