DX  » Community » Reviews » KeJie KJ-9208 Current/Voltage/Capacitance/Resistance/Temperature/Frequency Digital Multimeter
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice for the price – 2.6" LCD Current/Voltage/Capacitance/Resistance/Temperature/Frequency Digital Multimeter (1*6F22) Reviews

posted by ZdenekJi on 08/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Alright, I'm finally writing this review. The instrument gave me mixed feelings because, well, one cannot expect everything perfect for such a low price. To start with the advantages, the meter can measure alternating current among others. This is surprising in its class. It also has a rather impressive range of resistance up to 200Mohm. It measures capacity which is useful for the proving of the diagnosis of dried caps.
Cons:
Probably the worst were the test leads. They came in a disastrous state where some kind of lacquer insulated them. I had to use rough sandpaper methods to make them work reliably. Next was the capacity connector - the sheet of metal it's made of was bent much. I straightened it. During the process, I also noticed drops of solder all over the inside. I threw them away. Last, but not least, there was the plastic stand problem. It was bent. I though a lot of the best approach and finally remembered a trick used for bent heli props: Put it in boiling water. So I boiled the plastic stand for awhile and sure enough it returned to the pristine shape. Other than that, I thought it would have had a full 4-figure display instead of the old boring 3+1/2 digit ICL7106 one. The continuity beeper stops beeping at around 40ohm (60mV) which is too low to signal a permeable direction of a diode.
Other:
Accurate enough. The apparent leads' resistance problem is lower than in many other meters and is obviously not caused by the leads, but by the distance between the plugs and the bias feed. Buy a 10 times more expensive device if you want to connoise instead of actual measuring.
Bottomline:
If you aren't that wealthy, put this one on your wish list as it will definitely help you progress.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections