DX  » Community » Reviews » 4-CH CCTV via Twisted Pair Passive Video Balun Transceiver (Max 330m)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Good built balun – 4-CH CCTV via Twisted Pair Passive Video Balun Transceiver (Max 330m) Reviews

posted by lukasandrysik on 04/24/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-->Very good build quality. The body is solid piece of aluminium and the connectors are good looking too. -->You can distribute CCTV signal from places where you don't have coax cablles. I mean everywhere is nowdays some UTP cable. -->Device itself is very simple, there are just some capacitors inside this. So I give it five stars rating. -->Came in good looking box -->English manual included -->You can use BNC connectors or just 2 wires -->Up to 4 cameras over one cable
Cons:
-->With mine camera and DVR PC card I could transfer video only to 50meters. With longer cable I got disorted image. Maybe some interference in cables? Don't know but be prepared that it may not work (with coax cable I had no problem with even twice the distance with same camera + DVR) (tested with more baluns from DX so it is not balun where is the problem)
Other:
Bottomline:
Buy it if you have use for it and you know how to use it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections