DX  » Community » Reviews » 3.6V~16V 925mA Constant Current LED Driver Board for Cree and SSC LEDs (4-pack)
Sort by:
25 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6817 (68%)
  • 4 Star:328 (32%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Small and handy LED driver

posted by Signaller86 on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This driver is very convenient and easy to use. Having soldering skills you can customize it for LEDs with different currents (by changing the resistor R2).
    Cons:
    All elements works in extreme conditions , so it is not recommended use it on maximum current. Also on pcb are missing some inp...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great deal

posted by ctraney on 11/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    These are a steal! four drivers for under 7 dollars...you can't beat that. I haven't used any of these yet, but have a friend who has and recommended them to me so i stocked up while they were available. That's less than two dollars per driver. nice!
    Cons:
    can't think of any cons yet, other than the fact that the wire leads coming off of the boards are a little thin. I'm sure they ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A friendly little driver for Cree XR-E and more.

posted by Machete on 01/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    They work, have proper efficiency and come to a fair price. The simple layout makes it easy to tweak the driver for your specific application. There is Gold plating on the battery terminals, which helps your light to work flawless. It fits lots of Flashligh...
    Cons:
    Out of the box the current is slightly too high for warm white XR-E emitters, which are rated for 700mA maximum current. The ma...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good value

posted by vegasf6 on 02/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    17mm useful size. Decent buck driver probably utilizing ax2002 IC (its etched out, but appears similar to others I have at least in package size) Leads already attached.
    Cons:
    D1 is running near maximum rating. Prefer a 2:1 safety factor.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Modifications for different output currents

posted by royfellows on 08/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    One of the best and most versatile drivers on the Internet. By changing the resistors R5 and R1 (requires expert soldering skills) the outputs can be changed, such as 1.46 amps output for max drive on R5 XPG. Beware design changes on diffeent batches, but ...
    Cons:
    Specifications prone to change time to time.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    B2eze

posted by B2eze on 12/07/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Good performance, easy to solder and since the leads are soldered upon receipt,easy to verify correct wiring! Although I replace the tiny leads with 22 ga. teflon stranded wire. I guess I have used at least 2 dozen in 3 X and 4 X "D" alkaline cel...
    Cons:
    When I try to drive the same Q5s over 6 volts with these boards (ie. 5 or 6 "D" cells alkaline power) with the same s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super value for money

posted by kangoeroes on 12/05/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    1. Great price 2. Build quality is good enough 3. Very compact 4. Does what it is made for: to drive a LED with constant current instead of constant voltage + resistor (draw your batteries empty and save money instead of throwing them away half full)
    Cons:
    1. Output current not adjustable 2. Very thin leads 3. No documentation (however, not difficult to find)
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works

posted by fishmarket on 11/01/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    cheap, easy to use, fit various installation position well (i used it for flash light and table light, still experimenting it with counter top light). It works well with SKU 1445 (SSC P4 Z-LED).
    Cons:
    order took so long (more than two months). Solding jobs on those SMDs are pretty poor. However the circuit is so simple, with s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Took a while to get here... but worth the wait

posted by SkUG123 on 10/17/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Exactly what i was looking for, great for custom builds /upgrades Does exactly what it says on the tin give or take a few percent (they do not come in a tin but all clattering about in deal extremes lovely red "don't panic" bubble wrap)
    Cons:
    none! nada! zip! zero! zilch! not one! okay maybe one... flimsy wires but they'll do :p
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great regulator for lithiums

posted by isotco on 09/20/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Nice single mode regulator for one to two Li-Ion batteries or two primary cells. - Easy to install and it's diameter is 16 mm so it will fit in most flashlight pills.
    Cons:
    - The included wires is very thin.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections