Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
I have to do a lot of soldering outside the house. For example working at the car, or doing electric wiring where electric power is not yet connected. In the last years i have used a lot of battery operated soldering irons with power raging from only 4.5W to 60W. The problem is that sometimes the power isn't sufficient to solder heavy gauge wires, or i would run out of batteries. So I have bought this gas powered soldering iron to use it where a normal electric one would fail. Some of the advantages are:
- Rapid heat-up
- Easy to recharge (a can of gas give a lot of uses and it's not as heavy as carrying rechargeable batteries with you)
- Two tips included, one for soldering electric components or wires and another for precision flame / welding (great for cooper pipes soldering)
- Lightweight, compact, no wires, can be used in thigh places.
- Gas flow can be precisely adjusted only with one hand.
It would be nice if DX will sell replacement tips for it and / or other models / functions like air heater for shrink tubing or air blower for sensitive component like motherboards.
- This is one great tool to have around.
- The included tips are of good quality.
- Easy to use and recharge
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.