DX  » Community » Reviews » Velcro Binding Band for SKU 29489/30864 (35CM)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great bike like helmet mount! – Velcro Binding Band for SKU 29489/30864 (35CM) Reviews

posted by n8ben on 08/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Sturdy molded plastic body, Velcro is soft side in when mounted, fits a L&M urban bike light, makes mounting a bike light on a helmet instead of handlebars a snap! this should fit other bike lights designed to mount to handlebars with a rubber strap system.
Cons:
I have one con that was previously mentioned - the Velcro mounting system has no stretch making it difficult to get it tight so that it will not shake.
Other:
This is a great item for mounting my light & motion urban bike light to my helmet. It is much sturdier than I thought it would be for the price. It would cost considerably more to buy other helmet mounts. The rubber strap of the urban light slips easily around this mount to secure in place, and is solid once attached. I recommend finding a way to modify how this attaches to your helmet so that there is some kind of tension in the system. The easiest modification is to add some extra foam or rubber between the helmet and the mount so that it can be compressed when securing the Velcro. You could also add some elastic to the Velcro system, but that would require some sewing.
Bottomline:
Great solution for moving a handlebar mounted light to your helmet!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections