Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day
- This unit contains a magnesium bar.
- The ratio of magnesium to ferrocerium is about right.
- The glue used in the construction seems strong enough.
- Size, it is slightly larger and weighs a few grams more than the the rest.
- The ferrocerium piece seems to be glued onto the magnesium bar, though I have not been able to get it to break off from the magnesium bar.
This one consists of half a circular ferrocerium rod attached to a square magnesium bar.
The coating on the magnesium bar should prevent excessive corrosion.
It isn't nearly as bulky as the larger magnesium blocks with a tiny ferrocerium strip that will wear out long before you'll ever run out of magnesium.
This is an improved version of the ferrocerium spark match.
The added magnesium is very useful if you can't find dry tinder.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.