DX  » Community » Reviews » Guitar to USB Interface Link Cable for PC/Mac Recording (130CM)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
It's good for amateur / semi-pro – Guitar to USB Interface Link Cable for PC/Mac Recording (130CM) Reviews

posted by tatoterapeuta on 12/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
When I saw this at DX I've bought it immediately, mainly based on the reviews. - Plug and Play (Macbook Pro). - Sounds awesome with my gear (Fender American Stratocaster and Marshall JTM), no latency through Macbook. - Worked right out of the box with Amplitube 3, you just have to set it as default in/out in Software Settings (EXTREMELY EASY, just CHOOSE USB). - Sounds Great in concerts and jam sessions: now I don't carry my gear anymore, just this product and my Macbook Pro. Some band members are jealous about my flexibility with tons of amps and sets. - Of course, If you want a Professional TONE from this kind of gear, you'll have to play with it a LOT; "It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock'n'Roll"
Cons:
- Build Quality isn't as good as I thought. For me, that was a deception, because it really looks cheap. - The blue light indicator is too strong, so I've placed a black tape over it (I've done it in the first 3 minutes after using the device for the first time).
Other:
A day after buying it the price dropped ~15%. It's not a great deal, but I've waited the same 30 days for it. That's why the price rating isn't 5 stars. In any case it's a lot cheaper than in local stores. I don't like when my "cheap gadgets" looks cheap, leaving place for others to criticize Chinese products without evidence (just for looking cheap).
Bottomline:
If you're an amateur or semi-pro guitarist, have a computer and some Gear software, it's a must have! BUY IT "YESTERDAY!" If you plan to use it professionally, you can use it for sure, but It would be a shame for a professional not to use PROFESSIONAL gear. After All, NO REGRET, I would buy it again for this price, and I'm Lovin' it!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections