DX  » Community » Reviews » Hugsby P2 Cree Q5-WC 190-Lumen 3-Mode LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great LITTLE light – Hugsby P2 Cree Q5-WC 190-Lumen 3-Mode LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500) Reviews

posted by switchdoctor on 02/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
This light can accept a wide variety of batteries, making it a great item to have for emergencies. It has a great beam pattern, useful brightness. And modes are only three which is a good thing. Hi Low and Strobe. Seriously, who needs more modes? You got a VERY rugged easy to hold build.
The ENDCAP/SWITCH is the best built of any of the mini lights I have seen from DX. It rivals the tactical spring loaded pin designs used on high-end lights. Nice addition and it should last much longer than the cheapo clicky found on others. (The endcap is worth half the price of the light!)
Cons:
Plastic optics. However the assault crown will help protect the optic since it is recessed nicely. Also for those who think the assault crown is rediculous on smaller lights, let me say that when the light is standing up without it you would not know the light is on, so it still serves a purpose.
Other:
Clip is backwards, but really not a big deal, just opposite of what is typical. But there is no standard for that and why not think outside the box right?
Bottomline:
GREAT light- I use AA rechargies mostly. And it works perfectly.
Get one for your emergency kit and/or pocket before my review makes them sold out... (haha)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections