DX  » Community » Reviews » Romisen RC-A5-Q5 Cree Q5-WC 3-Mode 180-Lumen LED Flashlight - Black (1*AA/1*16340)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Beautifuly built flashlight with medium brightness – Romisen RC-A5-Q5 Cree Q5-WC 3-Mode 180-Lumen LED Flashlight - Black (1*AA/1*16340) Reviews

posted by IgalY on 03/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- Beautifully built.
- Really solid, looks high quality.
- The clip is good (even thought I'd prefer a clip that is not fixed with screws but rather screws onto the threads of the light).
- The way the AA fit tube works is great, no rattle, no slack.Really great quality by Romisen!
- Nice assult crown, not to sharp, but making a point.
- Nicely focused hotspot.
Cons:
- The brightness is disappointing, compared to SKU 28546, which is cheaper, this light gives considerably less brightness, that is while they are both marked as Q5 LEDs and I checked them with the same AA battery.
- The hotspot color is somewhat is bluesh, again, my cheaper SKU 28546 has much better color
- For some reason my light has only modes constant (maybe that's the Low?) and strobe. Nothing I do seems to operate all 3 modes.
- The clicky seems to be working right, but the modes doesn't change with half-press but rather with a complete click.
Other:
I wish this light had a glow in the dark clicky and would be able to tail-stand.
Bottomline:
Nice light with superb build quality, but due to throw noticeably less powerful, than cheaper light I have, it's use might be somewhat limited.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections