DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree XP-G R5 5-Mode 320-Lumen White Light LED Drop-in Module (26.5mm*29.3mm/18V Max)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:647 (64%)
  • 4 Star:364 (36%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent module with limitations

posted by account1234 on 09/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good price. Cree XP-G emitter. The three modules I own have a very good tint. The low mode is quite low and should provide very good battery life, but I've not tested that.
    Cons:
    These are advertised as 18V modules, but appear to be 6V max. The three I have do not function properly at 9V, but work fine a...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not so good

posted by account1234 on 09/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good price for a five mode, XP-G, P60 module. The medium and low modes are very useful for extended battery life. This module uses an efficient driver since it is 18V rated.
    Cons:
    Mine only does three modes: high, strobe and SOS. High mode is very bright and generates a lot of heat. It seems like the dri...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    bright!!!

posted by despista2 on 05/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is BRIGHT. The spot is as bright (but bigger) than the XR-E R2 drop-in module that comes inside the single mode UltraFire WF-501B, and the spill is a bit brighter. This one does have mode memory. The mid mode is pretty low and the low mode is REALLY lo...
    Cons:
    The fast strobe mode is anything but fast. Just 4.9Hz. The SOS mode is waaaaaay too slow. The whole word lasts 21 seconds!!! Th...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice, bright drop-in

posted by Hupplehop on 01/03/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a great little upgrade for my standard Wf-501b flashlight, along with other flashlights that take p60 drop-ins. The pros are: 1. It is bright. 2. It's easy to use. 3. It's aluminum. In a world of plastic reflectors, this one's a godsend. 4. It's got...
    Cons:
    The cons are: 1. I expected the strobe mode to be faster. It's acceptable, but certainly not the attention-catching flash that ...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    bright with flaws

posted by moregothic on 12/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - very bright. Can't judge if really 320lm but it outlights even my P7/MC-E lights - memory actually works - decent build quality
    Cons:
    - SOS mode does not work. it blinks 3 times then shines permanently - low mode flickers when driven with 2x 18650 or CR123
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice

posted by sleepy120 on 12/01/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very Bright, brighter than 3xp4's i have. Inbuilt driver circuit does it's job. Good run-times on 4xAA's.
    Cons:
    Does get really hot on High mode, uncomfortable to touch. LED was not soldered to board properly and became extremely dim afte...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not bed for it's price

posted by Leoric2007 on 11/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    1) R5 LED means good light power 2) Memory option is very useful when you need this on you bike for example 3) Price is reasonable for complete drop-in module (LED + integrated circuit board + reflector) 4) low heating
    Cons:
    Overall quality. Maybe I was unlucky and my particular copy was of such quality, but poor soldering and dead components in one ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Let there be light

posted by lasermanathome on 08/18/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very bright lightsource, the brightest small one for sunfirehousing. That it emits about the same as the R2, I have to disagree strongly.That de thow is less in NOT correct, the emitter needs to be turned back for about a half turn and than the throw is as ...
    Cons:
    Have bought 3 in one time, one emitter is out of center but slightly, no real problem.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Money well spent on this drop in

posted by warauea on 07/12/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Standard drop in for P60 host. I have many lights from DX. The main reason I get all these lights just because they are very affordable! I read and did so much research on lights lately just want to find out how far LED technology has gone. After extensive...
    Cons:
    Currently R5 is the most efficient LED available for drop in. That may be the reason this light doesn't heat up or may be the r...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best Choice for Bike Lights

posted by chris2002rock2 on 06/03/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    If you are browsing this drop-in, you know it's the brightest available in its class. After comparing to P7 C and D-bins, this drop-in matches performance at 1A what the P7s throw at 2A. With both lights operating (at the above rates), the area one expects...
    Cons:
    There really are no pitfalls to this SKU. The light pulls 1A at any voltage up to 8.2 (where I ended my tests), and starts to d...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections