DX  » Community » Reviews » Fotopro Flip Motion Mount for Digital Camera/Camcorder (Orange)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great camera mount for my motorcycle – Fotopro Flip Motion Mount for Digital Camera/Camcorder (Orange) Reviews

posted by slaughta on 05/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
I mounted it on my motorcycle (big custom), and the camera was rock solid, I was able to make some nice videos with it. Good quality velcro straps.
Cons:
The size may not fit most sportbikes, but should fit custom ones easily. May not hold heavier cameras (I used a compact digital and all was good). Beware of scratching your handlebar while tightening it, do it carefully. I had to use it with the "legs" closed to fit the center of my handlebar.
Don't expect super smooth pictures/video unless your camera has good image stabilization. It's still a motorbike, dammit! :)
Other:
You must pull those velcros TIGHT to hold the camera steady. Do not just pull them over the mount, do at least one turn with the velcros going through the holes on the sides. I didn't need to cross them.
ALWAYS have a "backup cord" tying your equipment to somewhere safe on your bike in case it falls. You don't want to miss an expensive piece of equipment on the road, do you?
Bottomline:
Really worth it. Road tested and approved.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections