DX  » Community » Reviews » Resin Hot Shoe Bubble Spirit Level for DSLR/SLR Cameras
Sort by:
40 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6526 (65%)
  • 4 Star:3514 (35%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does what it should

posted by IrHurtsNess on 01/24/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is a very cheap investment that can save you some headache. Works pretty well and it also looks kinda good. Everybody with a camera that has hot shoe will ask where you got it - for that same reason I ended up giving my first one away and had to bought...
    Cons:
    The black material that goes around the bubble level may vary quite wildly. My first one was very rigid, like a plastic, and wo...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful to protect

posted by jfarinas80 on 11/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Protege las conexiones del flash de manera efectiva. No se si el nivel es muy util pero es un buen añadido, mejor asi que solo una pieza de goma.
    Cons:
    La bolita del nivel nivel se puede salir y perderse. Por lo demas no le veo ningun inconveniente.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Get one of these for each of your cameras

posted by strykeroz on 10/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Useful device especially when setting up your camera on a tripod on uneven ground. Rapid confirmation that you've got your horizon reasonably straight, and helps confirm that your tripod is right in every elevation for panning situations including panorama...
    Cons:
    Not too easy to see the bubble in low light but the usefulness outweighs any downside.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does what it promises

posted by tengdahl on 09/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap and well working level for DSLR/SLR cameras. Made of rubber/plastic and connects to flash shoe. Works well. Protects the hot. Lightweight and small size, means it is convenient to carry with camera all the time installed on the shoe.
    Cons:
    Quality fells a bit "cheap"
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great accessory

posted by amon87 on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is a simple but a must have accessory. The main purpose is to level your camera when you are using a tripod. It fits like a glove at your external flash support.
    Cons:
    None! By the way, I can not imagine something wrong with this simple item.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cute little bubble level

posted by steveo on 05/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Fits into the hot shoe of a Canon T3i without any issues. Very snug fit, very unlikely to fall out.
    Cons:
    Very snug fit. If you need to remove it hastily you may have some issues.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Usefull despite thight fit

posted by pcmihnea on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very useful alternative to the simple, plastic cover that comes with the camera. I don't use my Hot Shoe so often (for ex. external flash, or microphone), so I needed some utility out of that receptacle. Also, I sometimes take a picture not exactly horizont...
    Cons:
    As stated by many other reviewers, it is a (very) thight fit (maybe due to widen compatiblity with other DLSRs?), at least on m...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    More than just for fun

posted by tildantore on 05/08/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It is cheap so I bought this one mostly for fun, but after I got it I saw that it wasn't as bad as expected. I haven't tested it against a real spirit level, but when tested with the one in my camera it seems to do the job well.
    Cons:
    Not many cons, but it may be a bit too good of a fit into my hotshoe (Canon 60D). What I mean is that it can be a bit hard putt...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good hot shoe cover with a spirit level

posted by tazeux on 05/05/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good and useful little product that will protect your camera's hot shoe. It also looks nice, material seems to be good quiality rubber and plastic. The level is fluid filled, not leaking or anything.
    Cons:
    You may want to glue the level to the black part, because with a medium effort you can separate the two. Price could be lower f...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    useful and small

posted by derekread on 05/03/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - tiny - can keep it on your camera at all times even when not using so not easily lost - accurate (enough for me) - useful for tripod setup (esp if you don't have one on your tripod already) - useful for hand held shots where you are not looking through th...
    Cons:
    - cannot use this and external flash in flash mount at the same time, obviously - the bubble level is pressure fit into the bla...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections