DX  » Community » Reviews » 10-Port USB 2.0 Hub with External Power Source (100~240V AC Adapter)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 1
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
A very nice USB hub – 10-Port USB 2.0 Hub with External Power Source (100~240V AC Adapter) Reviews

posted by bulldogUGA on 07/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This hub is nice because of the 10 ports which are well spaced and then the power adapter which can be used to supply extra needed power (it does work without the adapter). The LED by each port are an added convenience and in pleasant blue. The spacing of the ports is ample, so it is easy to connect and dsiconnect cables.
Cons:
The biggest CON of this device is the fact that the USB ports are installed upside down. If you use the hub in a normal way (with the port numbers being from 1-10 and not upside down) when you install items like rhumb drives, portable card readers, etc. you do not see the fronts of the units and this status LEDs on them. Also, you have to remember to install connectors reversed. It is not possible to change the cover and flip it arount. Another meaningful CON to me is the fact that the USB ports seem to be too shallow and connectors only go in 2/3 of the way. The plastic used dfor these is not of the highest quality (shiny black) and then the top/faceplate sticker was coming off before I even used the unit.
Other:
I had to wait for over a month for this hub. The price dropped in the meantime for which I did not get credit as would be expected. I paid 17.50, so now it seem like an even better deal.
Bottomline:
This hub could be almost perfect, but then certain things would have to be re-worked. It is still useful due to its small size and 10 port capacity.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections