DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.8" Mini Wired Handheld Keyboard and Mouse Touchpad
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Most Useful Purchase Ever? – 2.8" Mini Wired Handheld QWERTY Keyboard and Mouse Touchpad Reviews

posted by thisiscjmac on 07/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Fits in your pocket - GREAT if you're a tech who services touch screen kiosks - Trackpad is smooth and responsive - Keyboard surprisingly easy to type on (you wouldn't want to write anything serious though) - English instructions. Not perfect, but more than good enough for me. - No drivers needed, just works. - Shortcut key (Fn+Enter) for Ctrl-Alt-Del is good - Have reconfigured system BIOSes with it, so it definitely should work with anything that accepts a USB keyboard.
Cons:
- Can't hold shift key down for one symbol, have to press it on, press the key you want shifted, then press it off again - On mine, the light to tell you when Shift is pressed does not light, so you have to keep remembering. - Keyboard is rubber, not sure if it will tear if something sharp drags against it. The rubber sometimes shifts slightly near the bottom, making me press M instead of N if I'm typing fast - Cable is very thin and feels breakable (but it's a mini-USB cable, so really... all I have to do is plug another one in)
Other:
This is small enough that you could probably carry it around and try it on other systems, without people noticing...
Bottomline:
Very happy with this purchase, going to order some more for my colleagues.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections