DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable Mini GSM/GPRS/GPS Tracker for Personal Remote Positioning
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Best Value for GPS Tracker – Portable Mini GSM/GPRS/GPS Tracker for Personal Remote Positioning Reviews

posted by luthfiabraham on 05/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
This GPS Tracker has everything that I need from the features and the price. When it is arrived, I really surprise with the size of it, it is small and compact and I really can put it almost anywhere in my car or even … in my motorbike. The signal reception for GSM is good, last time I test it in my room, the GPS Signal from the satellite is not available but the GSM Signal should be available. Testing with one miscall to the device and received an SMS back with the information of the IMEI, Battery condition and zero position of latitude and longitude. Bring it outside and test it again, the position is received from the device it is shown in the received SMS. The timing needed to lock the satellite is short as well. Charging working fine with different battery that I bought separately (Nokia BL-4B, pictures uploaded) and the amount of time to charge it is similar with mobile phone charging time with the same battery. The manual book is clear and tested on the device, no problem so far.
Cons:
When I received the package basically everything listed are there but the condition is different. The CD that I received had a small crack in the center; I tried to read it on many different computers but have no luck since the CD itself is not really protected inside the package. I received two batteries and all of them are not working. I tried with different method to charge this battery since the model is the same with Nokia battery but still no luck, it looks like all of them are dead batteries.
Other:
Perhaps the link of ISO file of the CD is available from Deal Extreme or send it via email. Additional information on battery type replacement available in the box, so it would be easy to find it later on. Firmware update for sending the data, it would be great if it is not based on Fixed IP and Port.
Bottomline:
This is great device (in my case), If you want to build something that can track realtime, small, or even make money by building the project of GPS Tracking via GSM/GPRS then this is the device for your prototype that you need. Have fun !

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections