Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Very good schematics for assembly (excluding written instruction which are not so good), no need to read text instructions
- A lot of different designs are possible if only you have the time and ideas to make it happen
- Nicely packed, all the same pieces in it's own bag so it's easy to put individual parts together
- Good build quality
- A few extra 'spare parts' would be nice to have, especially if you want to use all of the track supplied
- Some 'lock handles' are difficult to put together without breaking a part of it but it's easily fixed with a knife, just don't be too aggresive with it
- The elevator motor is quite noisy but you get used to it after a while, I'm sure this could be done better but for this price I'm ok with it
All in all it's a good value for your money, especially when you look some other prices around the web for the same product.
This 'toy' totally overwhelmed me for like 6 hours, you get really creative with it, I was thinking all the time how could I improve it and in the end I did.
USING ALL OF THE TRACK SUPPLIED:
When I read here on DX forum that with the schematic supplied for this Spacerail you only use around 75% of the track supplied I began to wonder if I really want to use original design. After some thinking and calculating with the parts and track I figured I will make 2 tracks: the first original one with the loop and then I'll see what I can do from there with the second track. The first one took me less then half an hour to construct, the second one by my design took me around 2-3 hours including time spent on coming up with design that would work.
I must say it payed of in the end, I used almost all of the supplied track, only around 10cm left which is nothing compared to over 2 meters with the original design. But it's quite tricky to get it working just right, it would be easier with some extra parts.
I will upload a video in the near future so you can see how it looks like and maybe try it on your own.
Enjoyable to put together, rewarding at the end, relaxing to watch it work over and over again.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.