DX  » Community » Reviews » 10-in-1 Outdoors Survival Mini Kit (Whistle + Compass + Magnifier + LED Flashlight + more)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Awesome Little Gadgett – 10-in-1 Outdoors Survival Mini Kit (Whistle + Compass + Magnifier + LED Flashlight + more) Reviews

posted by taylorcm76 on 08/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
This thing fulfills multiple needs while taking up VERY little space and weighing practically nothing. Everything seems to work so far, and I don't have any complaints. I checked the compass against a GPS and it is accurate. The fire steel gives off sparkes, the wistle is loud, and the LED light is bright.
Cons:
The thermo isn't great, but that is probably the least of your worries in a survival situation.
Other:
Although this item works well, I probably wouldn't use it in a primary capacity for anything except the compass. I would still carry my own fire steel, a jet scream whistle, and a headlamp. This does deserve room in my kit, however, because it is a very adequate back-up for all of those. Anytime you can establish redundancy for multiple items with something this small and retain functionality, you are on to something good!
Bottomline:
Love it, ordering more now.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections