View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 2
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Almost does its job – 3600mAh Direct Charge USB Battery Pack for XBox 360 Reviews

posted by rcanka on 03/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It is a battery and it is rechargeable Saves you the hassle of having to keep a warehouse full of AAs Fits relatively well Nice to be able to charge in USB-port Spares me the shame of sponsoring Microsoft yet again
Cons:
Doesn't hold charge well Never goes over 3/4 bars according to the 360 (atleast for me) Does not match the color of my controller The USB charging bit feels a bit too risky to leave unattended Hard to see when the battery is fully charged Playing with the charger attached is not an option, since it sticks out awkwardly It CAN'T be 3600mAh, there is NO way Discharges way too fast, the controller starts notifying me that the battery is running low in the next couple of hours of gameplay
Other:
A better way of notifying the level of charge would've been nice The color matching can't be that hard to obtain An angled connector and longer cable would ease the charge-and-play bit
Bottomline:
It's affordable and feels cheap. As with a lot of SKU-stuff, it just doesn't feel right. But in the end, I'm not paying Microsoft a gazillion dollars for a simple rechargable battery.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections