DX  » Community » Reviews » Repair Parts Replacement Touch Screen/Digitizer for 4.3" GPS
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Not for Garmin Nuvi screens – Repair Parts Replacement Touch Screen/Digitizer for 4.3" GPS Reviews

posted by Eibwenn on 01/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
First one i received was damaged in shipping, but DX sent a new one.
Cons:
They wrapped it with plenty of bubble wrap on the front and back, but the sides only had 1 or 2 layers of it, so hopefully it doesn't end up at the edge of your shipping package if you're ordering a lot.
I was hoping for a simple replacement for a Garmin Nuvi 650 touchscreen that stopped being reliable, but the cable coming out of this is about 1 inch too short and only lines up exactly if it could be installed upside down.
The cable is only about 1 inch long, not the nearly 3 inches the official product images show.
Other:
I'm hoping that I'll find a way to extend the cable, and channel it over the half inch to reach the connector (since i installed it using the tape that came on it)
Bottomline:
Seems like a good item if you know what you're doing, but I won't be able to tell completely until i find a way to extend the cable.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections