DX  » Community » Reviews » Magnesium Fire Starter Survival Tool with Fire Sparkle
Sort by:
47 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8138 (81%)
  • 4 Star:199 (19%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great but got some issues

posted by Floodzo on 04/06/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Easy to use -Effective -Cheap -The chains bound the two pieces together and they wont wander of alone leaving you just with eg the scraping tool
    Cons:
    -Scraping tool is too small and isn't that effective for sparking nor shaving -Shaving side too large compared to sparkinginser...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fast and great

posted by DasenSplit on 11/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Can fit in any pocket -Big chunk of magnesium -Lasts for years -Easy to use -No expiration date Generally - does what it's supposed to do.
    Cons:
    -The chain that connects the magnesium and the starter is a bit cheap and the magnesium to flint ratio is a bit non-proportiona...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A inexpensive Fire starter for Survival!!!

posted by LPPL on 11/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A must for any survival tool kit! Why? Because all those other small firestarter can start spark but they can prolong a spark to start a fire easily. this is different! U can shave the magnesium off to generate a tiny fire! This is a must in firestarting in...
    Cons:
    A great firestarter but u can just use a anti wind lighter... The situation to use such a item is really a survival situation....
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice tool to have around just in case.

posted by 41ter on 11/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Really solid, once you get the hang of it its not really hard to light, plus if you understand the reactions behind it its more interesting.
    Cons:
    Took me a long while to get it to light something, but thats not really the product's fault. The thingy that comes attached to ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good choice

posted by Normalus on 11/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good sized magnesium part can help to start many fires. You can easy start fire even in cold, wet conditions. Comes with blade, so you don't need other tools to shave magnesium and make spark. Easy to use. Good quality.
    Cons:
    Spark part is very small, you cant start so many fires, so you must have extra normal size sparkle tool. Spark part placed on t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Usefull Tool

posted by Robamirault on 11/02/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very useful tool for me. I use mine regularly at home for the wood stove or in the woods. Especially since I can't seem to keep working lighters handy. They usually go missing to visiting smokers.
    Cons:
    Slightly bigger than a butane lighter but certainly not a hindrance to using them.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super!

posted by EdainOdokemono on 10/23/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    First of all - it works! Good metal for sparkle, nice chains. It makes very hot sparks, and magnesium shavings make really hot flame. This tool is nor afraid of water - i lit a fire just after rain, and all i need to do was just to wipe water from the tinder.
    Cons:
    It's easy to lose metal plate, which used for scrapping the magnesium bar. But it's not a really big problem since you have a s...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very usefull firestarter

posted by MrModern on 10/10/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very big. Huge magnesium part makes it very easy to make fire even in the most harsh conditions. Saved me from getting cold, when my gas lighters froze in winter. Used many firestarters and this one is definetely the best one I`ve had. Very sturdy.
    Cons:
    It is a bit disproportionate. Sparkling part is a bit too small in comparison with magnesium bar. Chain got easily broken off. ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Produto muito bom

posted by LuiGeyer on 09/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's small enough to leave on my keychain if I go out in the woods, or I can combine with the blade included with it and tuck in a backpack. Feels sturdy, nice big sparks, and Magnesium burning is so... pretty.
    Cons:
    None that I can tell. The Sparkle on the side (the flint I suppose) may eventually wear out. Will expand in other thoughts.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little buy

posted by juuce on 08/16/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Its compact, and the huge magnesium block means its going to last for a long time, and scraping of a little pile and then striking the flint into it, creates a good burst and will light tinder quick and fast.
    Cons:
    It has a PO box address on it, but who cares about that, it does what it says and thats all that matters.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 5
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections