DX  » Community » Reviews » Fire Steel Survival Striker Army Camping Hunting Flint with Plastic Holder
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
Not so good as expected – Fire Steel Survival Striker Army Camping Hunting Flint with Plastic Holder Reviews

posted by kostja123 on 07/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
It is cheap. It is the main pros.
The real blastmatch costs 19$, but these one cost me 6$ each, buying a 5 pieces per time.
Fire steel rod diametr is 1,2 cm- really massive.
If breake the plastic housing- you willl get a 6 cm long rod and i thing it is a best decision to carry with you the rod only without housing- it will lass really long.
Cons:
Plastic housing is too big and heavy. And i think that is useless, becouse it is unnecessary to protect the rod agains something.
The metal thing which makes sparks- is too bad for that. The plastic housing and metal blade holder is a whole construction, so you must push really hard for moving the blade near the rod. You may easily broke these plastic becouse it is fragile.
Other:
It opens by himself- just touch the housing and rod is shooted away by spring.
Metallic part which must make the spark does not make them at all- it just make a shavings and no sparks.
All of 5 fire starters came to me opened- so if you put it in your pocket or backpack- it will opens by himselfes an possibly will broke.
Bottomline:
It can't make sparks like a blastmatch, just closing it by your fingers- these one you can operate only pushing really hard and fast by ground. Bad..
But the fire starter rod is ok. Brake these housing and get a knife to make sparks.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections